Effective Date: March 2020
Check-In: 2pm | Check-Out: 11am
• You can show up early, drop your luggage, enjoy a drink, and plan your Tours and Activities with us.
• The check-out day, we can keep your luggage until you come back from your Tours and Activities.
On this page we try to give the best answers to most of your questions. Please contact us and not only will gladly answer your question, we may also add your question to this list.
• Check in is after 14:00h
• Check out is before 11:00h
• Yes! We prepare a freshly delicious beakfast every morning from 7:00h to 9:00h onsite. There are options close by for breakfast, or grocery stores, within a short walk.
No pets are allowed.
• High speed WiFi is free and very stable at the property. Also, as a heads up, since we are high up on the mountain and surrounded by jungle, nature can sometimes take a toll on us and cause damage to our phone lines or internet connection.
• Shuttles are available at a surcharge, since we are about 3 to 4 hours away from the international airports. Pricing will vary depending on the number of people, dates and whether you may take a shared shuttle or a private one. If you want more information, don’t hesitate to send us an email with these details and we can arrange it for you.
• The AC is not necessary because year-round temperatures are quite comfortable. Day average is 18 - 25 C° (64 – 77 F° ) and at night 15 – 20 C° (59 – 68 F°) Elevation is about 1400 m.a.s.l (4590 feet). Every room also has natural ventilation that you can take advantage of.
• A vehicle with an AWD system (or 4x4) is not indispensable, as it used to be. We do recommend, for comfort, a vehicle with high clearance as our gravel roads are very uneven and a sedan might be damaged if not driven slowly.
• We recommend activities to be booked upon arrival to avoid cancellation fees, bad weather or other shortcomings. We do suggest some reading to be done before hand so that you have a general idea of what there is to be done in the area.
• Most attractions in Monteverde offer free round trip transportation from our hotel. In cases where companies don’t offer this service, we can arrange for a taxi, which are available all day long. There are also buses that go up to the reserves and you will also find some attractions within a short walk.
• The small town we are in, has several restaurants, grocery stores, a bakery, ATM, Gas station, all within a 2-5 block radius. If you want a wider variety of options, the Santa Elena town is 800 meters away.
• All our rooms are fully equipped with Safety Deposit Box, Cable TV, Refrigerator, Coffee Maker, Private Bathroom, Hair Dryer and more.
• The reception building is open from 07:00h to 21:00h. The owners live in the building next door.
• Monteverde is quite high up on the mountain, is not very humid and, throughout most of the year, is pretty windy; these conditions allow for mosquitoes to not be a hustle at all.If you are really prone to getting ravaged by mosquitoes though, we do recommend to have some bug spray handy.Regarding other insects, our housekeeping staff has a very strict cleaning procedure to make sure as many stay away from our rooms as possible.
• Yes! All rooms are equipped with Clabe TV.
• Yes! We offer laundry service onsite.