Effective Date: September 2020
This Privacy Statement applies to www.mountainfaro.com owned and operated by Mountain Faro B&B. This Privacy Statement describes how we collect and use the information, which may include personal data, you provide on our web site: www.mountainfaro.com. It also describes the choices available to you regarding our use of your personal data and how you can access and update this data.
The types of personal data that we collect include:
• Your first name, last name, email address, phone number;
• Credit card details (type of card, credit card number, name on card, expiration date and security code);
• Guest stay data, including date of arrival and departure, special requests made, observations about your service preferences (including room preferences, facilities or any other services used);
• Data you provide regarding your marketing preferences or in the course of participating in surveys, contests or promotional offers;
You may always choose what personal data (if any) you wish to provide to us. If you choose not to provide certain details, however, some of your transactions with us may be impacted and probably we will be unable to offer the service.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
• A. Reservations: We use your personal data to complete and administer your online reservation.
• B. Customer service: Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
• C. Guest reviews: We may use your contact data to invite you by email to write a guest review after your stay. This can help other travellers to choose the accommodation that suits them best. If you submit a guest review, your review may be published on our website.
• D. Marketing activities: We also use your data for marketing activities. Where we use your personal data for direct marketing purposes, such as commercial newsletters and marketing communications on new products and services or other offers which we think may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can change your email preferences or use the link we include to unsubscribe that you can use if you do not want us to send messages in the future.
• E. Other communications: There may be other times when we get in touch by email, by post, by phone or by texting you, depending on the contact data you share with us. There could be a number of reasons for this:
• F. Improve our website: We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
• G. Process transactions
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information when you make a reservation directly with us. This information may include personal data such as your name, your contact details, your payment details, the names of guests traveling with you and any preferences you specified when making a booking.
We may disclose personal data to law enforcement and other governmental authorities insofar as it is required by law or is strictly necessary for the prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal acts and fraud.
We want you to be in control of how your personal data is used by us. You can do this in the following ways:
• You can ask us for a copy of the personal data we hold about you;
• you can inform us of any changes to your personal data, or you can ask us to correct any of the personal data we hold about you;
• in certain situations, you can ask us to erase or block or restrict the processing of the personal data we hold about you, or object to particular ways in which we are using your personal data; and
• in certain situations, you can also ask us to send the personal data you have given us to a third party.
We rely on you to ensure that your personal data is complete, accurate and current. Please do inform us promptly of any changes to or inaccuracies of to your personal data by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mountain Faro observes reasonable procedures to prevent unauthorised access to, and the misuse of, information including personal data. We use appropriate business systems and procedures to protect and safeguard information including personal data. We also use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions for accessing and using the personal data on our servers. Only authorised personnel are permitted to access personal data in the course of their work. After a transaction, your credit card information is not stored on our servers.